Those Oars are meant to be raised and not rested upon.


 It's a good thing to want to learn something new,  it’s a better thing to learn something new,  but it's best to ensure that what you learn appreciates and doesn't depreciate.

  I started my driving lesson and I discovered that there is more to driving than just driving round a large field. The first lesson was an interesting one as I was taught the basics, gradually I began to learn the rudiments of driving.

 The following lessons came with a whole lot of adrenaline popping through my system as I could conveniently drive around the entire field, you really needed to see me use one hand to hold the steering.

I was still enjoying my moment of glory when my instructor told me I was going to drive out of the field to the road the next day. All my adrenaline seized to pop at that moment because I was already used to the field and the thought of driving on the main road just scared me to death.

  The next day came, I braced up and took charge of the vehicle. The journey was going on smoothly until we got to the main road and I found it impossible to keep the vehicle straight, I was always drifting from the right side of the lane to the left side of the lane. My instructor always had to come in handy whenever I drifted away, thank God it wasn't a road that was too busy.

  I really had to consider a whole lot of things ranging from people that wanted to cross the road, children that were playing by the roadside, other road users especially okada riders as they could pop out of nowhere at any time. I drove back to the field where it all began from Inception I wasn’t pleased that I didn't perform excellently on the main road, after a beautiful and encouraging conversation with my instructor we concluded that I was going to advance my driving lessons by using tires on the field to ensure that my hands were straight while driving.

 During the tire lessons I discovered that I felt I was doing great due to the fact that I hadn't faced a new challenge as all my training took place on the field. In the same vein we tend to rest on our OARS when we start taking FEW STEPS that are amazing, only if we know that there are GIANT STRIDES for us to take then we’d not settle for less.

 Just like the way a body remains at rest until an external force is applied on it, we remain at rest when we don’t push further to take necessary steps. Let’s not camp around little LANDS we’ve covered as there are MOUNTAINS for us to invade.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YOU NECESSARILY DON'T HAVE TO QUIT;ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS TO STEP UP YOUR COMPANY GAME.

SPEAKING TRACKS

Those lenses have overstayed their welcome!!!